Have you shifted to a new place or have gotten married or there are mistakes in your Voter ID card? You can easily change some details by filling out a simple form. Don’t forget to update the details on your Voter ID Card if you’re address has changed or your name has changed after marriage, this will enable you to easily cast your vote in the next election hassle free. You might face some problems in the election time otherwise. Any incorrect details in the Voter ID card might be a problem or you as it is a very important document.
Note that only some details can changed, these details are listed below-
- Father’s or mother’s or husband’s name
- Photograph of the applicant
NOTE- No other detail can be changed.
Only those registered users who already have the Voter ID card can request to make the changes and update their details on the card using Form 8.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED
- You will have to provide Date Of Birth(D.O.B) certificate or 10th class mark-sheet having your date of birth.
- Applicants ration card, passport, driving license or any other authorized document having the applicants place of ordinary residence.(Proof for address)
- A recent passport sized coloured photograph of the applicant if correcting for a wrong photograph.
- A self-attested photocopy of the Voter ID card is to be attached if it is already issued.
PROVIDE AUTHENTIC DOCUMENTS. Necessary legal and punishable actions can be taken by the government under section 31 of representation of People Act – 1950 if any false details are found to provided.
Corrections to particulars entered in Electoral Roll can also be made online through this government website:
If you want to make any changes to your Voter card you will have to download Form 8. Go through it and give all the necessary details.