Voter ID will refer a form of identity proof that can be used to avail services within the country. It also allows you to cast your vote during elections.
People with a valid voter card can get special offers that are roll out by the Government of India from time to time. For instance, you can apply for a ration card if and only if you have the Voter ID card Online Registration with you.
How to apply voter ID online?
Every Indian citizen above the age of 18 years is permitted to apply for a voter Registration ID or election card voter ID or election card.
The Election Commission of India has now made it easier for the people to apply for a voter’s card from the comfort of your home through an online application process.
Here are the steps to apply for a voter ID online :
- Visit the Election Commission of India official website https://www.nvsp.in/
- Click on the National Voters Services Portal.
- Select the option Apply online for registration of new voter.
- Enter the details required and upload the required documents.
- Click on the button Submit after filling all the details and uploaded the documents.
- Once you have submitted the details, you will receive an email to your mail address which you have provided. This email will provide a link to your personal Voter’s ID page.
- By clicking on the link, you will able to track your vote ID application and you might receive your Voter ID Card within a month from your application.
Documents required to apply for a voter ID card:
You need the following documents if you want to apply for a voter ID card online.
- One passport sized photograph.
- Identity proof such as birth certificate, driving license, passport, PAN card or high school mark sheet.
- Address proof like your ration card, driving license, passport or a utility bill.
for More Details to know , visit Official website of National Voters’ service Portal : www.nvsp.in.